This is part 3 in the Citrix XenApp 7.6 installation and configuration guide. In this article we go through the steps required to create a new Citrix Site, which is the core component of our Citrix environment.
Here are the links to each of the articles that make up this series:
Once the Delivery Controller has been installed, we need to create and configure a new Citrix Site. To do this, complete the steps below:
1. Log onto the Citrix Delivery Controller server as a user with administrative rights
2. Launch Citrix Studio and click "Delivery applications and desktops to your users"
3. Enter a site name and click Next
4. From the database screen, complete the following steps:
- Enter the name of the SQL server
- Enter a Database Name
- Click Next
5. When prompted, click OK
Note: If the user you logged into does not have sysadmin rights to SQL, then enter the credentials of the user who does have sysadmin rights
7. Select No and click Finish
8. The database will now be created
9. The new Citrix Site will now been created and configured
10. Once completed, you should be able to manage the site from the Citrix Studio as per the screenshot below
11. If we check the SQL Server, you will notice that the database would have been created and that the computer account of the Delivery Controller is used as SQL permissions to the database
12. Below are the SQL permissions the Delivery Controller installation sets for the computer account
The next guide coming up in the series is: Citrix XenApp 7.6 Install Guide – Part 4: Install VDA on Citrix Application Server
Any questions or queries, then please let me know below.