This is part 4 in the Citrix XenApp 7.6 installation and configuration guide. In this article we go through the steps required to install the Virtual Delivery Agent on an application server. The VDA is the interface between the Citrix Site and the application server, which allows applications to be published to users.
Here are the links to each of the articles that make up this series:
To install the Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) on a Citrix application server, complete the following steps:
1. Log into the Citrix application server as a user with administrative privileges
2. From the installation media, commence the XenApp installation
3. Click on Virtual Delivery Agent for Windows OS to commence the VDA installation
4. Select "Enable Connections to a Server Machine" and click Next
6. From the Delivery Controller screen, complete the following:
- Select the "Do it Manually" option
- From the Controllers Address field, enter the FQDN of a Citrix Delivery Controller
- Click on Test Connection and then if successful click on Add
- Click Next
7. Ensure all options are selected and click Next
10. The Citrix VDA will commence installation
Note: During the installation, the server will need to reboot.
11. Click Close to reboot the server
12. Once the server has rebooted, log in again as the same admin user
13. The installation will continue once you have logged in successfully
14. Once completed, click Finish
The next guide coming up in the series is: Citrix XenApp 7.6 Install Guide – Part 5: Configure VMware vCenter Integration
Any questions or queries, then please let me know below.