This is final article in the Citrix Provisioning Services 7.6 installation and configuration guide. Here we will be testing the published applications to ensure that our environment is working as planned.
Here are the links to each of the articles that make up this series:
At this point we have now completely integrated our Citrix PVS 7.6 target devices (i.e. Citrix Application Servers) with our existing Citrix XenApp 7.6 environment. We have published the applications that are running on the PVS Target Devices as Citrix published applications.
If all works well, we should be able to launch these applications from the Citrix Store. These are the steps I used to test my published applications hosted on PVS streamed Citrix application servers:
1. Launch a browser and navigate to the Citrix Store’s URL. From here, log in with your credentials
2. Click on the Plus, select All Apps and then click on the PVS hosted published applications
In this instance the two applications I published from the PVS Target Devices were:
- Active Directory Administrative Center
- Group Policy Management
3. The apps will be added to your favourites
4. Click on an app to launch it
5. The Citrix Receiver will start and log you into one of the two PVS target devices and then commence the launching of the application
6. If all goes well, the Group Policy Management application should launch
7. Checking Citrix Receiver’s Connection Center we can see that we have logged in and launch Group Policy Management from the WP-CTXAPP-V03 PVS Target Device
And that is it! After 13 posts, we have finally gotten to the end of the Citrix PVS 7.6 install and configure series.
I hope you have enjoyed it! Good luck with your PVS implementation.
Let me know if you need any help.